Information for Residents of Bay Point
Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus Update Post Date: 10/05/2020 1:30 PM
Starting Saturday, October 10, 2020 Ambrose Recreation & Park District in Bay Point will begin to reopen playgrounds throughout our community. Although the play structures will be open for local youth, the public restrooms, parking lots, and other public facilities will remain closed.
Ambrose Recreation & Park District is taking these precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Public Health signage has also been posted throughout our parks, outlining the California Department of Public Health’s Safety Guidelines.
Visitors to outdoor community playgrounds must comply with the following requirements:
1. Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
2. Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit has been reached.
3. Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
4. Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times.
5. No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
6. Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
7. Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
8. Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present
To read California’s Public Heath Guidelines on Outdoor Playgrounds and other Outdoor Recreational Facilities, visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DVCDC/Pages/COVID-19/ Outdoor%20Playgrounds%20and%20other%20Outdoor%20Recreational%20Facili.es.aspx? fbclid=IwAR1DmcIPO72R5AsaEboGkqQpDNw8c0sm7HUHK5Np7ZBr4CubW-H2JwfYcSI
Coronavirus Update Post Date: 04/01/2020 1:30 PM
Over the course of the week, Ambrose Recreation and Park District has taken the following actions:
• All Offices are closed to the public until further notice. The closure is to protect residents and staff from possible exposure to the virus.
These closures affect Bay Point facilities at:
o Ambrose Community Center (1301 Willow Pass Rd.)
o SparkPoint Office
o Career Center
o Teen Center
o Bay Point Youth Academy
o NA Groups and Committees
o Ambrose Community Field
o Ambrose Memorial Park (125 Memorial Way)
o Ambrose Aquatic Center
o Anuta Park (2485 Willow Pass Rd.)
o Lynbrook Park (Virgil Street & Lynbrook St.)
o Boeger Park (Caskey St.)
o Tradewinds Park (Tradewinds Ct. & Driftwood Dr.)
o Hickory Meadows Park (Summerfield & Winterbrook Dr.)
o Alves Lane Park (93 Alves Ln.)
o Viewpoint Park (Sea Cliff Pl.)
• All park rental facilities and areas, and all public restrooms are closed.
• All gated parks are closed.
• Other closures in the Bay Point District are public schools and the youth sports.
This is to remind everyone that the Contra Costa Health Services Department issued an updated Health Order effective at 12:01 am on March 31, 2020
This is to remind everyone that the Contra Costa Health Services Department issued an updated Health Order on March 13, 2020 which requires the following effective at 12:01 am on March 13, 2020
• All persons to shelter at their place of residence other than to provide or receive essential services;
• Directing all businesses to cease non-exempt operations at physical locations;
• Prohibiting all non-essential gatherings of any number of persons;
• Ordering cessation of all non-essential travel
For the most up to date information regarding the Health Order, please visit the Contra Costa County Health Services website at https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org / or call the Coronavirus Call Center at 844-729-8410 Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm.
Frequently Asked Questions has answers to many of the common questions and is updated daily.
Many staff are working remotely. To contact them, please use the ARPD website, social media sites, email, or leave voicemail messages if you are unable to contact staff directly. The situation is changing rapidly. Please visit the ARPD web www.ambroserec.org for updated information
Post Date: 3/13/2020
INFORMATION FOR THE RESIDENTS OF BAY POINT
Based on new social distancing recommendations issued by Contra Costa Health Services on March 10, 2020, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, the Ambrose Recreation and Park District has taken the following actions regarding City facilities effective March 13, 2020 through April 7, 2020.
The Ambrose Recreation and Park District has CLOSED the following facilities and programs to the general public:
· Ambrose Community Center
· Teen Center
· Bay Point Youth Academy
· SparkPoint Office
· Career Center
· Senior Nutrition Program
· NA Groups and Committes
· Church Gathering
· All outdoor athletic fields and courts
*Ambrose Memorial Park and Aquatic Center, Lynbrook Park, Boeger Park, Tradewinds Park, Hickory Meadows Park, Alves Lane Park
Indoor programs and events have been postponed or canceled, including classes, events, and activities at the Ambrose Community Center.
We are taking precautions to reduce exposure at all of our facilities, including:
· Providing additional sanitation services throughout all of our facilities
· Educating staff and patrons about ways to reduce exposure
· Encouraging staff and patrons to stay home if you are not feeling well
District staff will be communicating as quickly as possible with impacted program participants and renters regarding options for rescheduling or refunds, beginning with the most immediately impacted events. We appreciate our participant's patience as we work through this process.
We will continue to monitor Contra Costa Health Services recommendations in order to make decisions about programs. We will continue to provide local updates on our social media channels and via email.
Questions can be sent to 925-458-1601.
Federal, State, and Local updates
What the U.S. Government is Doing<https://www.usa.gov/coronavirus>
What the U.S. Government is Doing Español<https://gobierno.usa.gov/coronavirus>
CDC Website - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (English / ?? / Español)<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html>
Sign Up for CDC Email Updates<https://tools.cdc.gov/campaignproxyservice/subscriptions.aspx?topic_id=USCDC_2067>
California Department of Public Health (English / ?? / Español)<https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx>
Contra Costa Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates<https://cchealth.org/coronavirus/#Local>
What to do if you suspect you are sick
What You Need to Know<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf>
What to Do If You Are Sick<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf>
Stop the Spread of Germs<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf>
Symptoms of Coronavirus Diseas<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf>e
CDC Protects and Prepares Communities<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/infographic-cdc-protects-508.pdf>